Can't instal soundcard drivers

Didekfilip

I, i has bough a brend new soundcard it names "Sound Blaster Audigy Fx" and put it into my motherboard it names "Msi z490 tomahawk" and i wanted to instal drivers as i has think but i cant, there is an error: "Another installation is in progress. Complete that installation before continuing with this installation". My system is Windows 10

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
It could be Win 10 has identified drivers already for the card and was in the process of installing them. Let it sit awhile and then click on the Windows Start button, type Device, and then choose Device Manager when it comes up as an option. Scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers and then click on the > symbol to expand this option. Check to see if your soundcard is showing there.

crjdriver

Did you disable the onboard sound? Many modern motherboards will detect the presence of a real sound card and do this automatically. I know asus, gigabyte, and asrock boards will do this. I never use msi boards SO I do not know if they will do this task. Enter the bios and see what is shown for the onboard audio. If it has an AUTO setting, this will disable the onboard. If it is just enable/disable, then set it to disable. Save settings and restart. Now attempt the driver install.
To be sure you did download the latest driver from the creative site and you are not using a driver on a CD/DVD that came with the card correct?
Here is a link to the support page for your sound card;
https://support.creative.com/Produc...prodID=21690&prodName=Sound Blaster Audigy Fx

crjdriver

You need to answer the questions in post #4.
My soundcard is working fine but i can only not instal the drivers :/
How in the world can your sound card be working fine if you cannot install drivers? Are you getting sound from the system without drivers installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online