1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install Age of Mythology on new laptop with Vista

Discussion in 'Games' started by YuJuan29, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YuJuan29

YuJuan29 Thread Starter

Hello,

I cannot get the game Age of Mythology to install on my new laptop. I have tried several times to get it to run using the Compatability Mode in the control Panel, but everytime it comes up with an error. It says that the windows installer found an error and the program is closing.

Looking through the threads I see that other people have had problems with this game and VIsta, but they were able to install it at least. Did anyone have this problem when trying to install it? Am I missing something small here?

Thanks,
    YuJuan29

2. Megabite

Megabite

Does the error message have any numbers in it?

Have you tried disabling any protection programs you may have

3. Dafowl1

Dafowl1

I went as far as uninstalling programs. I dont get any message the game just goes off Prince of Persia cuts off. MlB 2k9 wont get pass the ea screen and Tomb Raider underworld wont even load

4. YuJuan29

YuJuan29 Thread Starter

Nope no numbers. The error message say "Microsoft Auto game play has encountered an error and needs to close.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice