1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install AntiVir Classic, Runtime error,HELP.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rim rim, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rim rim

rim rim Thread Starter

Hi all, I am getting the following error message when I try to install AntiVir Classic 7 on my Win98SE PC.
    Microsoft visual C++ Runtime library
    Runtime Error
    Program C:\Windows\TEMP\PARSFXO\UPGRADE.EXE
    The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the applications support team for more information.
    Any ideas as to what the cause of this message is ? Any help would be appreciated.

2. smeegle

smeegle

Are you sure that you have enough memory to accomodate this program? Also, did you make sure that you downloaded the correct version for WIN98?

3. rim rim

rim rim Thread Starter

Thanks smeegle, you were spot on, I was trying to install an XP version. I was having a bad day,lol.
    Thanks for your reply.

4. smeegle

smeegle

You're welcome, rim rim. If this issue has been resolved you can click on Thread Tools and mark this post as "Solved".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice