1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Cant install ANY graphics driver

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by eeedddiee, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eeedddiee

eeedddiee Thread Starter

I have a Windows 10 Pro 32 bit PC ( 32 bit OS running in ×64 based processor )and my graphics driver is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I cant install any graphics driver and I always get error codes: 31 and 43. I tried installing intel graphic driver for my 32 bit but the error code 43 showed up. I tried install nvidia graphics for 32 bit but it failed during System Check and I also tried the Via Chrome9 but i still got error 43. I also tried to update the driver online and offline via my downloaded files but still I get error 31 and 43. I already hard resetted my PC 2 times but still it was unsuccessful. I dont think any graphics driver will work except the Basic Display Adapter. I think in my opinion I already tried my best to do any solution online except for buying a new PC because I dont have enough money. Can you please help me or give me recommendations ? Thank you (y)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can't install any graphics drivers except the one that 100% matches your computer's hardware. You can't just randomly install a driver. What is the exact model of your computer? Is your GPU a removal card or built into the motherboard? Take a look at the card or the motherboard and post the model number printed on it. If your computer is a big brand name post it's full model number as well.

eeedddiee likes this.
  3. eeedddiee

eeedddiee Thread Starter

okay i'll check

4. eeedddiee

eeedddiee Thread Starter

DESKTOP-F2HNS2
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd
    GA-VM900M

5. eeedddiee

eeedddiee Thread Starter

DESKTOP-F2FHNS2
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd
    GA-VM900M

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is a very old motherboard which was designed to run Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Both revisions of that motherboard have VIA chipset/graphics.
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-VM900M-rev-10#sp
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-VM900M-rev-20#sp

Because of its age and what it was designed for, it doesn't have VIA graphic drivers for Windows 10, so you would need to install a graphic card that supports Windows 10.

Considering how old your computer's hardware is, it's really not worth investing money into it.

I'll leave you with Triple6

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yup, either buy a cheap video card if you just need it for basic stuff or retire the computer and buy something more modern. The VIA Chrome graphics were pretty awful and there's not drivers from VIA for anything newer than Windows Vista.

Just to be clear you do not also have an add-in graphics card installed? Check where the monitor plugs and look for more ports or take and post a picture of the back of the computer.

8. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

Try driver from this site - http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/gigabyte/laptops-desktops/ga-vm900m/3393
    upload_2018-5-26_19-4-18.png
    Install driver by file dc04i.inf (update driver Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) from Device Manager.

P.S.
    What is the ID your graphic card ? PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3371?
    What is the driver version for Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?
    I am asking for a Microsoft driver because the site https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=VEN_1106&DEV_3371 is version 8.14.14.87 of July 20, 2011.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    A lot of the drivers and info on Driverscape is junk though. Also Windows 10 didn't exist in 2008 which is the date they list for that driver so it that would be the actually be the Vista driver they are listing.

Windows 10 should have downloaded the driver if it had it available, I guess you could try the Windows 7 driver from the Microsoft Catalog and it may work with Windows 10 too.

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    123Zbyniek:

Driver Scape may claim that graphic driver supports Windows 10 32-bit, but it's first 3 numbers (6.14) indicate it's for Windows XP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

11. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

Generally, this may be but not always.
    Maybe I should add that searching for drivers outside of the laptop / desktop or component manufacturer's manufacturer is for those who have some knowledge on the subject. On this page, I found drivers for the hardware that was produced in the years when there was no Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. However, I have always checked the ID of the equipment, the date of issue and analyze the * .inf file.
    The way drivers are installed is also important in this case.
    See my questions in P.S. (post #8).
    "What is the ID your graphic card ? PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3371?
    What is the driver version for Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?
    I am asking for a Microsoft driver because the site https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=VEN_1106&DEV_3371 is version 8.14.14.87 of July 20, 2011. "

12. OverTallman

OverTallman

First Name:
    Jacky
    Let me throw my 2 cents here. I'm no stranger to these S3/VIA integrated GPU, in fact the majority of my thin client collection are VIA-based.

From my experience, Chrome9 HC never worked in Windows 10: force installing the Vista driver through Device Manager would cause garbled image, upon restart the driver would remain not installed. Only Chrome9 HD and later work in Windows 10.

But since your motherboard has a PCIe slot, why not use it instead?

13. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

The driver from post # 8 on the Microsoft page is for Windows 7 for this card.

He can safely try it out for Windows 10 if the ID is identical. In many cases, drivers for Windows 7/8 also work under Windows 10.
    It is worth a try. You can always go back to the previous version.
    upload_2018-5-27_14-1-19.png
    I serve one of my examples:
    Toshiba A200 / Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 card:
    The company driver for Windows 7:
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7300_179_76
    ; NVIDIA Windows Vista Display REF INF file
    ; Copyright (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
    [Version]
    Signature = "$ Windows NT $"
    Provider =% NVIDIA%
    ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Class = Display
    CatalogFile = NVCO.CAT
    DriverVer = 03/27/2009, 7.15.11.7976
    Under Windows 10 also works without a problem.

I found such a driver on the internet:
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7300_307_68
    ; NVIDIA Windows Vista / 7/8 (32 bit) Display INF file
    ; Copyright (c) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
    [Version]
    Signature = "$ Windows NT $"
    Provider =% NVIDIA%
    ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Class = Display
    DriverVer = 12/07/2012, 9.18.13.0768
    CatalogFile = nv_whql.CAT
    Under Windows 10 also works without a problem.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice