1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install ATI Catalyst control center

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Davit001, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davit001

Davit001 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I removed my old ATI Catalyst control center to install the new version (7.9).
    I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, and have a Radeon HD 2600 on a Toshiba duel core computer.

I downloaded the newest ATI CCC, the file is 7-9_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_52447.exe.
    I have extracted it, and the installer will pop up. However it won't install the control center.
    It will only install the Catalyst Install Manager. I tried installing with the indivdual device drivers and control center separately, with the same result.

When I try to install and choose the "custom" option, it presents a list of "component selection". The only things in the list are:
    ATI Catalyst Install Manager
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Free Games Offer, Desktop Shortcut
    Catalyst Registration
    Free Games Offer, STEAM

There is no "Catalyst Control Center" option listed. I can't get the control center or the device drivers to install.
    This is driving me insane, any help?

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You MUST install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable before it'll allow you to install the Catalyst Control Center.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/624987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice