1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install Chrome in win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davef89, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davef89

davef89 Thread Starter

Having serious problems installing google chrome on windows 7.

I'v been using it for months with no problem, but yesterday I tried to update it (and change to beta channel) but it wouldnt work. So I uninstalled chrome altogether, and now I literally cannot install it no matter what I do. Even if I use the "alternate" download of chrome (i.e the full installation pack), it will not get passed "initializing". I have tried it on my normal user account and on the "administrator" account (the one I had to enable on computer management).

I have tried it on my vista partition, and it installs with no problem. Im running windows 7 ultimate on 86x. So can anybody please tell me what is preventing chromes installation on windows 7??

help appreciated

2. zyper95

zyper95

what is the exact error message when installing google chrome?

3. davef89

davef89 Thread Starter

there is no error message; it just does not proceed passed initializing. the same is true on both accounts, and with every version of chrome i have downloaded.

4. zyper95

zyper95

5. davef89

davef89 Thread Starter

zyper95: tried it, it just does exactly the same - ie doesnt get passed initializing and stays there forever. my feeling is that wherever it is trying to install chrome (which is not in program files, it installs to the hidden AppData folder) it is does not have permission or something stops it from doing so. whats your thoughts?

6. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Have you restarted your machine since you removed the Beta channel?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887007