1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't install driver software for Nvidia geforce go 6100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rajiv0711, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajiv0711

rajiv0711 Thread Starter

hi guys,

I have a Gateway laptop model MT3421. While using it yesterday it suddenly crashed. It would not even start. So, I reinstalled Windows Vista. After that I went online to Gateway website and found all the driver software for my laptop model. I installed all of them successfully except the driver software for the graphics card. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce Go 6100 graphics card. When I try to install the driver for it I get an error message saying "Software did not find any hardware compatible with it." After this the setup process comes to an end. Immediately after this I get another message"This software might not have installed properly " with two options "Run the program with the recommended settings" and "This program installed properly." I clicked on running thr program with the recommended settings and again I got a error message saying "This software is only for Windows Vista. This computer does not have Windows Vista...."

I would be very grateful if any of u could tell me how to install the graphics card driver software. When I looked up in the internet I found out that Nvidia go 6100 is integrated into the motherboard. When I looked in my Device Manager I could not even see the Nvidia graphics card and only saw "Standard VGA card" So even Windows Vista hasn't been able to find it.

Please someone help me to install the driver.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The NVIDIA site doesn't appear to list a driver for the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Go here to download the chipset and VGA drivers.

Download and save them, then close all open windows first, then install the chipset driver first, then restart, then install the VGA driver second, then restart again.

Note: Make sure to select the correct version of Vista before you download the drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice