1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install drivers for my monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jsnacks, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jsnacks

Jsnacks Thread Starter

Hey Guys, I just bought a HP Pavillon desktop with a W1907 19 inch flat panel monitor. I've been using it for a couple of days and everytime that I turn it on a dialog box pops up stating that software has been detected. This software is the device drivers for the monitor, and it asks me if I would like to install them. But when I try to install them, an error message states simply that the installation failed due to an error. It doesn't even tell me what the error was! All it says is to go to the site of the company that made the monitor for support. So I go to the HP website, and try to download the driver from there. Lo and behold, it won't install AGAIN! It says it failed to install because an error occured. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am that this unit is ALREADY having problems, and that HP won't tell me what the error is! So can someone out there please help me?

2. RawkStar

RawkStar

Have you tried going to the Event Viewer and check to see if there was a log of this error created?

Right click on My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615487