1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install Ethernet Drivers

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by AudioKal, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AudioKal

AudioKal Thread Starter

I am attempting to install some drivers for a network card. I have tried 4 different cards and their drivers. None of them will install. I get the standard message "Unable to locate drivers....blah blah blah..." Why is this happening. I have the correct drivers...besides on my other windows 98 systems they automatically install by themsleves. What should I do?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Don't remember 98 well, but linstead of an automatic search, do a I have drivers (or however it is in 98) and then point it to the floppy or folder where you have the drivers.

3. AudioKal

AudioKal Thread Starter

Tried that...... pointed straight to the drivers and still nothing.....
    Hmmmmm..........still thinking

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What kind of directory listing do you have for the cdrom that has the drivers?

5. AudioKal

AudioKal Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice