Can't install fonts Win98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WButchar

The font folder at work is screwed up. There is no "install new fonts" anywhere. Dragging and dropping/rebooting/etc., does not help and many other necessary fonts aren't showing. Someone lost the Win98 disc and since fonts are important for a graphics company and Win98 is needed for a couple of the machines, we can't use any other OS. And 98 is not easy to find. Is there any way to fix the font folder, create a new one, any ideas?

Personally I would 'borrow' a copy of Win98 and do a SFC with it.

I can't see a problem on the legal side of fixing it this way. Your not trying to put a pirate copy on your machine, but using it for a repair on a system that you already own the licence for. I couldn't swear to this.... perhaps better minds could chip in here.

Once you purchase a copy of anything from the original producer, you own it, if for some unforceen reason you loose your original you may use a backup copy to reinstall repair or ??. Notice I said a backup copy, not YOUR backup copy. Any backup copy, Which would also include some one elses original. Just make sure you don't loose your serial number that is what makes it yours.

WButchar

Thanx. At least I know that I can use another disc to clean this mess up. Appreciate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts