1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install HP printer on PC w/ OS XP, but it's XP compatible

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Melodi, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Melodi

Melodi Thread Starter

I have a computer from internetishop (hugebee), a Pentium 3 with 256ram and 1.2g processor. I am trying to install an HP psc 2100 all-in-one printer. The CD runs a check of the system first and comes back that OP system is not viable (A display comes up that lists the components it has checked, and there's a green check on all, but the OS), there is a big red X next to OS, but all other components check out. One would think that means it's not compatible, however I took the printer and installed it on my friend's PC and they also have XP as their OS with matching system specs. Internetishop's tech support sucks big time and they have no clue how to fix this. Does anyone has any suggestions? It seems like it would be an easy fix, but I'm just not sure where to start and internetishop is suggesting that I go to windows 98, that's a pretty sad solution considering that I bought XP from them. Please help! The printer works fine, so does the drivers CD. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

2. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Try a different driver from here .

3. Melodi

Melodi Thread Starter

Hi: I looked up the drivers and they didn't have a very good user rating. It's big and bulky and takes over 15 min on a T1, this is a friend's pc and they have dial up, that will take 448 min to download. HP has already sent an additional CD and that also did not work, however it is working on another pc that has XP. Could it be a setting in Bios? Do you have any other suggestions? Could XP not be installed correctly (internetishop installed it) They had put in a modem also that didn't work, and I ended up installing a different one. Thank you very much.

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Try uninstalling the printer in device manager , and then re-booting. Xp should find the new hardware , install it and then the drivers. Then try putting in the HP disc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/188458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice