1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install IE 7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by audsc, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. audsc

audsc Thread Starter

How can I install IE7? It installed fine on another computer, which is configured just the same as the computer that can't install it. I'm using Windows XP SP2.

2. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

It might be that the copy of Windows you have on the second computer is not Genuine or Valid.

3. audsc

audsc Thread Starter

My copy of Windows is genuine. Any other suggestions?

4. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

What exactly is the system stating or not allowing you to do during the installation of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7?

5. audsc

audsc Thread Starter

"Internet Explorer 7 could not be installed. You must restart your system to confirm that any changes to your system are undone. After you restart, follow the "Internet Explorer Troubleshooting" shortcut on your desktop to receive more information."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917925. Method C was as far I was comfortable going.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice