1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install Java!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Platinum-, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Platinum-

Platinum- Thread Starter

Hey guys,
    I am in urgent need of help. I was using an outdated version of Java and thought I should update, which I indeed tried to do. The installer was downloaded but could not be opened. I can see it running in task manager but it wouldn't physically open and be visible on my toolbar (showing applications). I decided to uninstall my Java and reinstall Java all together. The same problem occurred and the installer just wouldn't open!

I have tried disabling my Anti-virus and my Firewall but doing so did not work. I have also tried downloading old version of Java but that didn't work either. My computer has a 32 bit operating system.

Please help, I need Java for several programs that I need to use. Please ask for any info you need in-order for you to help me.

2. Fanyit

Fanyit

First Name:
    Ivan
    Which OS you have installed? win xp ? Are you get this picture ?
    [​IMG]

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    When that message appears, click the "OK" button.
    Several seconds may go by before the Java install window appears, so be patient.
    Follow the instructions from there to install it.
    If a prompt appears to uninstall any older versions, allow it to do so.
    After the install and removal of any older versions is finished, restart the computer.
    If a small window appears during restart, click the "Cancel" button.

Just for your information, I currently have Java 8 Update 74 installed in my Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit and Windows XP Pro SP2 64-bit computers.

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. Platinum-

Platinum- Thread Starter

No, no pop-up comes at all. The only thing that comes up is administrator permission pop-up when I double click the installer. After that, nothing loads up. I can see that the Java installer is running in my task manager yet no Installer window shows up.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I don't know what the problem is, unless you're trying to install a 64-bit version of Java 8 instead of a 32-bit version.

I've successfully installed Java 8 in both Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Platinum-

Platinum- Thread Starter

Also would like to add that this also happened when I tried to update Adobe Flash. I uninstalled and couldn't install it again. I cannot remember how I finally was able to install it. So this isn't just for Java...

7. Fanyit

Fanyit

First Name:
    Ivan
    .. May be your problem is called "Virus" Do you try to scan your system from viruses ? Or you have some broken/missing registry in your "OS"..

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Are you trying to install Java online from this page?

Instead, you can download the offline installer and run the installation offline. You'll notice the file size will be considerably larger.

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is where I obtain both the 32-bit and 64-bit full off-line versions.

---------------------------------------------------------------

10. Platinum-

Platinum- Thread Starter

Fanyit, I've got no viruses as my Anti-Virus is always scanning and telling me if there is any sort of potential threat. My computer is all clear for now. If I had a missing or broken registry in my OS, how would I be able to fix it?

11. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried my instructions?

12. Fanyit

Fanyit

First Name:
    Ivan
    Try Phantom010 instructions first if you can't.... About antivirus yes but antivirus can't stop all viruses. If you try to clear your pc with . Combofix, AdwCleaner, Junkware, Rkill... i thing will be good for you and try again to install Java, About repairing your broken/missing registry this is not easy may be you can make some loss or damage been occured to the system and/or to any files in your pc.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice