1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install Nero

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by c000159, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c000159

c000159 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I just purchased a Verbatim CDRW burner and installed it with no problem. However, I can't install Nero that came with it. It starts to install and comes up with an error that states the installation was interrupted and could not continue. I closed all programs and do not have Easy CD-Creator installed since I know that conflicts with Nero. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Hoten

2. DiggerBoy

DiggerBoy

How far into the installation did the program run until the interuption?

Does it bail out on you every time after about the same amount of time?

Are you running Win2000 without designating "Administrator" privelages?

All these questions and more.

You might try downloading the latest version of Nero (5.5.10) at:

http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html#download

(12 plus MB!)

Good luck Michael. Wish I could help out more.

3. c000159

c000159 Thread Starter

It starts doing the actual installation (where it has the slide bar) and then it interrupts. It does it at the exact same point every time. I'm running Windows 98. I believe that is the version I have, but I can't be sure. At the prompting of a friend, I went through my registry and deleted all references to Adaptec Easy CD Creator, which I did have installed at one time. But even that didn't help. I don't want to, but if I can't get this to work, I'll do a complete roload of my system. The only reason I bought the recorder is to get Nero. My previous CDRW is not compatible with it and NTI isn't the greatest burning software.

Thanks for any help,

Michael

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there,have you not considered that it might just be a faulty Nero cd ? ..... ;)

5. c000159

c000159 Thread Starter

You know, I did think that may have been the problem. So I tried another Nero CD that I used at church and it did the exact same thing. So that's not it. Any other suggestions?

6. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi again,my next step would be to contact [email protected] I had problems in the past with Nero and found them to be very helpful indeed,and they are very quick to reply,its worth a try before you start re~installing your operating system surely,....
    ;)

As an afterthought Michael,do you have a firewall?if so try to install with that disabled if it was running at the time you tried to install Nero ...... also make sure anti~virus is disabled at the same time...........

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice