Can't install Net 7; can't open emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

curiousJK

I am still using Netscape 4.73 because I could not install 6, now can't run 7 either. It exits the set up, says "Setup caused a stack
fault in module SETUP.EXE at 017f.0041f937.
I understand that 4.7 is no longer "supported," so that may be why I have another problem:
Unless email messages are VERY short, I can't open them on either Yahoo
or my regular ISP mailbox. When I try to open Yahoo messages, the whole system locks up, and I have to
control-alt-delete myself out and start over. It tells me "Netscape is not responding."
Reported speed is 44,333.
Any ideas?

Hey someone else from Sacto. :)

Take a look here at NETSCAPE SOLUTIONS.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

You can try the clean install also for what ever version.
Don't get version 6 because it was never any good.
It will tell you what to back up and what you have to delete on your own.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online