1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant install or use any cd roms in d drive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lisaf24, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisaf24

lisaf24 Thread Starter

tried to install cd rom wont let me says make sure path and file names are correct and that all required libarys are available when i try to use a cd ive alreay installed say d drive is not accessiable or sometimes it says please insert cd rom in drive when it is in the drive

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Refresh the drivers through Device Manager in SafeMode.

In safemode, right-click My computer; choose properties; click the device manager tab; click the plus sigb beside CDROM; Highlight each device inside in turn and click the add/remove button foe each one. Restart using the Start buttom.

Windows will redetect the CDROM and refresh the drivers.

If the CDROM needs the plugs reseated on the back of the drive and/or where it plugs on the mainboard or, the CDROM is no good, then the drive will not be re-detected. That then will tell you if there';s further problems.

3. lisaf24

lisaf24 Thread Starter

i tried this it unistalled cd then reinstalled but it still didnt work any more suggestions ????????

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Sounds like the CDROM is bad. Get the bench-fee and hourly wage before you allow any service person to touch it if you have a pro-shop troubleshoot/fix it. A run-off-the-mill CDROM (Delta) is about $50. Takes 45 minutes to troiubleshoot and replace. Done it myself a lot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice