Can't install printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

willowyang

I just formatted my hard drive, now I got problem to install my printer. A pop-up window says:

This printer cannot be installed now because its driver (You must use the supplied setup program to install the printer) could not be loaded.

The driver or the INF file may be damaged. Restart windows and then try again.

I followed the instruction, but problem still. I have the original installation disk from the manufacturer-HP, even I download the driver from HP website, still can't fix this problem.

Any suggestion? Thanks. My OS is Win98.

hi willow... do you have the floppy disk that came with the printer? It looks like thats the one not working. My guess is you will have to get another from HP...

HP sent me a disk to reload windows & it had a expiration / time stamp on it... when I had to reformat I had to buy another as it quit functioning.... Nobody had ever heard of that before or since

This printer came with a cd software, did it not? Also are connecting this to your computer by serial cable or usb?

willowyang

I don't have the floppy disk for that printer.

The printer is connected with the computer by serial cable.

willowyang

Thank you very much for offer me that web address. I found 932c for win98 use, after download and installation, now the printer back to work.

It's so strange, I downloaded the driver from the HP website before, not directly to the webpage you offered, I use the search at HP website, then chose from driver download page, but the one I downloaded can't make my printer work properly.

Anyway, thank you all for help me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online