1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install Samsung MFD printer

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Odyssey, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey

Odyssey Thread Starter

Was running Ubuntu 9.04 and my Samsung SCX4826FN MFD worked perfectly.

Replaced that computer with a new 64 bit Intel computer, and installed Ubuntu 10.04, but cannot successfully install the MFD. On the first attempt, when I tried to print, I got a screen message saying,

I tried reinstalling and in this new configuration. When trying to print a test page, it prints a series of faint straight lines over several pages.

(BTW, both of these install attempts are still in my printer list with different names if I need to go back to either of them.)

Tried upgrading the older computer and installing the printer on it due to urgent printing needs, but no cigar there either.

At this Samsung support page

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCX-4826FN/XAA

there is a 32 MB unified driver download and these instructions:

I have attempted to follow the above, and I assume that I need only be concerned with the "Ubunutu OS Install", but there are lots of choices to be made during the install process and I have no idea if I am entering the right choices. Samsung support says they don't support linux and wash their hands of it.

Can anyone help me with this, please? I badly need to print out some things. TIA.

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

3. Odyssey

Odyssey Thread Starter

That did it! Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice