1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant install sims 2 on partitioned d drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Likeatalltree, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

I tried to install Sims 2 today on my empty d drive today and it gave me an error which read "Cannot install to the selected directory, because it may cause the system to become unstable". Does anyone know why it says that? I thought maybe becuase its NTFS and not FAT32. I was going to convert it but I thought I would check here first?

Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The only way to convert it to so delete the partition and re-create it as a FAT32 partition. I don't NTFS is the problem, most Windows XP systems come partitioned with an NTFS file system and the Sims work fine.

Its not a removal drive is it? Maybe its just a message with little meaning.

3. Likeatalltree

Likeatalltree Thread Starter

No its just a single partitioned drive and when i choose it as the installation directory it gives me that message and im forced to choose the c drive. I have paragon partition manager and i think i can delete the partition and merge them if they are the same file system but they're not so i don't know the steps to take. If someone could tell me step by step then i might be able to fix it.

Thanks

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I would caution when using partitioning tools, its not uncommon for some people to lose their data merging partitions. I've never used Paragon PM so I can't help you there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice