1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install SP1 and one Update

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by parasolution, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. parasolution

parasolution Thread Starter

I'm running Home Premium 32 bit. I cannot install the SP1 update. I've tried the Windows Update method and I've downloaded the SP1 file, neither method will update the OS. Both methods will produce an 8024200D error code. From what I've read, that error code is because something is else is missing from the updates.

I went through my update history and found that KB947562 is the only update that has failed to install. It tried to automatically install several times, each time it failed. I then downloaded the file, but it also won't install. I get the following message, "update does not apply to your system."

Any ideas on what's happening? I've emailed MS tech support, but have yet to hear back from them.

2. robinredbreast

robinredbreast

Hi, I had the windows update problem big time. I too spent a lot of time going through update histories and all. The solution that worked for me as with so many unresolvable Vista problems was to boot up on the vista disk, (if you have one), and choose your country and keyboard, then choose the 'Repair' option. It doesn't normally take too long and cured the problem for me. SP1 loaded fine after that.

Good luck;)

3. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Repairing is definately your best option.

It looks like a previous update didn't actually apply itself properly, leaving needed files missing.

4. parasolution

I did a start-up repair, it didn't find any problems. Is there another repair procedure in Vista.

5. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Just the repair option on the CD when you boot with the cd.

6. parasolution

That's what I did, boot from CD, choose language and choose repair option. From there, I used start-up repair option, but it didn't find any errors.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!