1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install Win 2k or XP - System keeps restarting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jdmxek4, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdmxek4

jdmxek4 Thread Starter

I have an old beater with the following components:

AMD K6-2 450mhz
    128mb
    cd-rom
    6.4gb hd
    16mb ati video card

I try to install windows 2k or xp and after I format and after the installation finishes copying the necessary files for installation the system restarts (typical). What is not typical is that instead of resuming the os install the system just restarts and restarts itself over and over. I have swapped HDs to try to resolve the problem but I come up blank. Could it be the power supply?

Any help is greatly appriciated. thank you in advance.

Andy

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

have you changed the boot order of your drives to have the harddrive boot first. or just pull cd out temporarly till the install resumes?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice