1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install windows 7 not even Xp

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by blackrabbit, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blackrabbit

blackrabbit Thread Starter

I have downloaded windows seven from net....and XP(media center) too

2. alphanumeric

alphanumeric

3. blackrabbit

4. alphanumeric

alphanumeric

Where your Windows 7 and XP downloads from a reliable source? Why didn't you get an install DVD for windows 7 when you bought the PC? Does the PC have a COA sticker or anything to show that the current install is legal? You are going to need the Product code to complete the install once you figure out what is wrong. If your current install has been modified with a loader or something similar to cheat activation it may be screwing up the bootloader section of the drive and causing things to stall. At this point I'm just guessing but it sounds like the install fails right at the point where it detects the hard disk structure. You might want to download and run MGADIAG on that PC to make sure its legal.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mgadiag&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3Flinkid%3D52012&ei=Ywj2T-rfNcaprQH_teyKCQ&usg=AFQjCNH5Zcs6VID448dqfDkoyf9nzmkx7w

5. blackrabbit

I think its not the DVD problem...I tried my old XP professional version which has installed before my old pc and its worked but not to my new pc

6. alphanumeric

alphanumeric

Well then that makes me think its a hardware problem. I still think there is something going on with the hard drive.
    Why didn't you get an install DVD for windows 7 when you bought the PC?
    Does the PC have a COA sticker or anything to show that the current install is legal?

7. blackrabbit

is there any way to check my hard drive ....any idea..?

COA sticker ....what is this..?

8. Crazy10

Crazy10

Download the Hard Drive test from the manufacturer's website. It should be a .iso file. Burn it to a disc and run the disc from your problem computer.
    A COA (Certificate Of Authority) is a sticker. Be careful here, as a counterfeit copy says that it was made in USA! A full, genuine copy of Windows 7 would say that it was made in Singapore. Always check the COA.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Where did you download Windows from? Please list the site.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058746