1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't install windows 7 with Parallel desktop 8

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by ricardookane, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricardookane

ricardookane Thread Starter

I have a mac mini with OS X 10.8.2/2.3ghz cpu i5/6GB ram. I purchase Parallels desktop 8 for mac, and a Dell system windows 7 disc. I can' seen to be able to install win 7 after installing parallels desktop 8. After installing parallels 8 then I put in the win 7 disc when ask to and i get a message "can not find boot manager". I see it trying to read the disc from the cd drive but then stops and can't find boot files on the disc.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Possible 2 issues:

1) The disc is specific for that Dell. When in Parallels even though you're on the same Dell machine, it doesn't appear so to Windows.

2) The Windows disc isn't bootable. Can you boot the disc directly on the Dell computer?

3) Not sure about the legality of using that disc on Parallels.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice