Cant install Windows 7

Mammad

I cant install the windows 7 on my pc. Unable to format partitions and its showing there was a problem preparing the system volume.
I tried all other fixes on the internet but nothing happend. Please help!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of your PC?

How exactly and what Windows 7 media are you using to install Windows 7 in your PC?

-------------------------------------------------

Mammad

I am booting through usb to install windows 7.And when it comes to the Custom installation, I cant format any partition. It says "Failed to format the selected partition. Error code x80070057 "

When i tried formating through diskpart using cmd. It says "Diskpart cant format the selected partition."
Then i tried skipping format anf directly install, here also it shows "Cant install windows. There was an error preaparing the system volume. Error code 0x80070057 "

I found that this is common among people but the fixes found on internet doesnt help.All ends in an error.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Just delete any existing partitions, presupposing there aren't data on them you want to keep, and don't create any new ones. Let the Win 7 installation process handle that.

Couriant

James
Please provide the information that Frank has asked for regarding the make/model/serial number.

Why are you installing Windows 7? Were you having issues before?

I suspect a couple of things, one which could be the issue of how the USB has been made, the other would be that the drive is bad. I have had an issue where the drive would not write data and was similar to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online