1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant install windows 7 !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Warrior 3000, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Thread Starter

ok so i have a brand new HP dc7900. im trying to install windows 7 onto the computer cause the current hard drive has no OS on it. so i load the windows 7 cd into it and it goes into installing mode no problem. once it installs and boots up into the windows 7. goes to the "starting windows 7" screen and the windows logo loaded then the video input just goes BLANK and nothing happens ! ugh i dont know what to do i tired installnig widows 7 on it like 20 times already and the same issue.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Let's be a little clearer. You are saying it installs OK but just will not boot up into Windows? How long does your install take? What kind of cd did you say you are using and please bear in mind Windows 7 does not come on a cd, but rather a dvd.

3. Warrior 3000

yes the install goes fine and it takes about an hour. it goes to the windows splash screen even and says windows is setting up regersity files blah blah then gets done. then reboots and its about to boot into windows for the 1st time and it gets to the splash screen and then the video just goes blank and the monitor says no input signal.

its an offfical copy of windows 7 i bought from the website.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

This is very puzzling. If you boot to the dvd and then scroll down and choose "Repair Your Computer" there are repairs there that may help, though I can't imagine why that would be necessary...

5. Warrior 3000

im wondering if it has to do with the boot type of the hard drive like IDE or raid or what ever.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What web site did buy this from?

7. Warrior 3000

its from microsofts website for college kids. i used it many times before its not the cd its def the computer cause every hard drive i put in does the same thing.

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How many different machines have you used this DVD and key on?

9. Warrior 3000

none. this is the only one. trust me its not the dvd.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice