Can't install windows xp sp2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaFuZzMaStA

When I try to do it over windows update it just says "Failed!"
When I download it and try to install it says:
"The core system file (kernel) used to start this computer is not a Microsoft Windows file. The Service Pack will not be installed. For more information, see Knowledge Base article Q327101 at http://support.microsoft.com"
I went to the article it didn't help..
How do I fix this?

is there a reason youre trying to install SP 2?... you have read the threads telling all the horrible bugs and crashes its been causing right? :rolleyes:

Do you have a program installed that changes the Windows XP boot up screen. If so, uninstall it, reboot your system and try the SP2 install again. If you don't have a modified bootup screen, then try this, Select Start > Run > and type in "sfc/ scannow" without the quotation marks. Make sure to put a space between the forward slash and "scannow". Have your Windows XP cd handy as it may ask for it.
After the system file check is complete, restart your system and try the SP2 install again.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online