Can't install XP in RAID 0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AHGvs

I'm having a problem installing Windows XP in a RAID 0 configuration, and I think it's a problem with one of my two hard drives. After creating the array (with two drives on it) I have a choice of either running my manufacturer's recovery cd or just running windows setup from the CD. If I run my manufacturer's (Alienware) "factory-setting" recovery cd, the computer freezes up while windows is starting, and if I just run windows setup by itself, the computer freezes when there's about 3 minutes left. However, I can install windows safely and everything if I build the array on the second of the two hard drives alone. By doing this, I can have a working computer, but I have half the space I should and no RAID 0 functionality.
What should I do? I've tried a few things already but please suggest whatever you think might work.. I'm beginning to feel like it's a hardware/physical problem with one of the hard drives.

AHGvs

Sorry, I'm dumb. Let me post this in a more appropriate windows XP category...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online