1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Install XP on SATA harddrive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Krelian, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krelian

Krelian Thread Starter

I recently bought a WD 74GB Raptor harddrive to install XP on, but I'm having problems. Everytime I load up XP setup from the setup CD, when it gets to the part where the installation options menu is about to appear, as it tries to boot windows from the CD, I get a BSOD and have to restart. I've tried running the CD with my other 80GB WD IDE harddrive inside and it doesn't cause this stop error. I've been screwing with this for 2 weeks now trying everything I can find on google and forums to fix this problem. I have the correct SATA drivers for my board as well for the drive of which I hit F6 for at the beginning of setup.

As far as I can tell, it only happens when I have the SATA raptor drive installed. I don't think it's the windows CD being scratched as it is near perfect condition.

The stop error reads as this:
    SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
    *** STOP 0x0000006f (0xc0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Most of the searching I've done has concluded either bad disk or bad optical drive, but this is only the case for me when the raptor is installed. Could it still be this? Thanks in advance.

2. Krelian

Krelian Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice