Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't Install xp pro on my computer!! :( HELP PLEASE!

826 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  relaxdmane 
#1 ·
Hi, my names Neil and I'm from Washington state, Ive had problems trying to install xp pro on my computer. Let's see so far ive tried everything from different hard drives to taking out all hardware not needed. I've even went online and downloaded killdisk to reformat my drives so that they are completely reformatted. Let's see...every time I try to install xp pro this is what i do. First I go into the bios and redirect the the cd to main boot then my hard drive then my floppy, in that order. I reboot my computer with the xp disc in the drive. Following that I create a new partition and begin the install, it installs all of the files it needs to run xp setup, then it comes to the screen that says it has to reboot, it does and then it comes to "hit any button to boot from cd" I dont hit anything. It continues to the next screen, the loading xp screen, and it always stops loading there and freezes:(. If someone can help that would be great! Itz driving me crazy, and I really really want to fix this pc myself, instead of bringing it to a comp shop. Pleas help:) thanks a lot

#9 ·
Ok, so i just went through the same install process, created a whole new partition, formatted the hd, and it installed all the files need to run the setup, it restarted i changed the boot seqence back, and took out the xp pro disk and it still froze on the windows xp screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.