1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't install xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gelori, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gelori

gelori Thread Starter

xp won't install. I have check my system for compatibility and all that checks out fine. My problem is I get am getting a message
    "windows has determined that your c drive is corrupt and is not repairable." And of course it's a blue screen and installation is stop. I have ran my scan disk in windows (ME) and the Diagnostics disk that came with my hard drive. BOTH tools say my disk is FINE. Be sides breaking my xp disk into little pieces and mailing it to Mr. Windows, what can I do?

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

Send the CD in one piece to me? =P

Are you trying to upgrade, or a clean install?

3. gelori

gelori Thread Starter

I am trying to up grade. I really dont want to do a clean install. I have a extra hard drive and have tried to install xp on the d drive but again it see the c drive and i get the same message. :(

4. stephane

stephane

I know some guys who had some problems installing winXP with some error message that got nothing to do with memory , but after changing their memory the install was ok. If you can try to change your RAM.
    Hope this help...

FAQ winXP in french : http://a.vouillon.online.fr/faq-winxp.htm

5. Chunter

Chunter

I had the same problem,i cured it by doing the advanced installation and telling it where to save it and what to use fat 32 or ntfs,i used ntfs, that got XP up and running for me..

only problem i had was that my games wouldn't install....although i "think" that my problem was that my c drive was on ntfs and the rest were on fat 32 next time i put XP on i'll put them all to ntfs

Chunter

6. elsinaj

elsinaj

Try it with disabling the second harddisk, install XP and then enable the drive again.
    This somethimes solves the problem.

A.J.

7. munkeyguy

munkeyguy

Your problem is trying to install on ME, ME was supposed to be an operating system with the speed of 98, and the 16 bit capabilities of NT and Win 2k, but it had so many bugs that Microsoft wanted to forget their big mistake with ME by creating XP, there is bugs in the installation of ME, I think you would be better off going to bootdisk.com and creating a Win 98 SE boot disk, and booting off of that, then formatting your hard drive, and trying the installation from there. If this doesnt work, then chances are that you do have a damaged hard drive. But you really should consult somebody who is slightly better quilified than I am, since I really dont like ME, and I dont know much about upgrading it.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice