1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't learn guitar help

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lexmarks567, Feb 7, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. lexmarks567

lexmarks567 Thread Starter

I give up i can't do it. I can't follow it by books or the CD-rom anychance I can follow a class at some music shop. How much do those run. I want to learn but im hopless. Just 5 minutes into the cd-rom I give up its to fast I can't read music Im hopless can anyone help any good softwere for people like me.I could try and play by ear might be my best shot.:( :(

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Dont give up .. 2 of my sons taught themselves to play guitar by books and now they have progressed to playing the piano .. no professional lessons ....just trial an error

I taught myself but havent picked up a guitar in years .. oh The House Of The Rising sun in AM .. brings back memories

i am sure there are some interactive web sites out there .. somewhere

3. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

Try doing a very small amount each day, it may soon mount up and you will surprise yourself!

-or-

Why not try something else instead of struggling with something that's making you feel frustrated?

I have never been able to play the guitar (or anything with strings) despite my guitar hero ex boyfriends best attempts at teaching me. He was (and probably still is) a fantastic guitar player but I just exasperated him...

I gave up on the guitar and decided to play something else instead... I can now play the flute, recorder and several other instruments perfectly!

... I would love to play the Solo Hammer Dulcimer but it has strings... probably ain't going to happen so I'll stick to the crumb horn!

4. lexmarks567

I could try BASS guitar that can't be too hard

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

How about a triangle :)

6. i hate ram

i hate ram

hehehehehehehehhe.... ok :rolleyes:

7. lexmarks567

alright alright :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

What about spoons ???

9. lexmarks567

no i want to be a rock N roll guitarest or lead singer someday. :)

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

By that time i will probably be quiet deaf :D

so thats ok :p
    You go for it

11. valley

valley

dont give yet up Lex. You'll get in eventually if you're really passionate about wanting to play. :) Does your school offer any classes? Ask around....my son takes guitar lessons once a week through something called the "21st century grant program" Its not part of the regular curriculum and takes place after school hours, but the grant money provides transportation home via bus anyways.

Its worth looking into. :)

My dad is self-taught and has been playing lead guitar in a country band for over 50 years (he is 67) He taught himself to play when we was about 11, I guess. My brother is also self-taught and cant read music. He can play anything you ask him to, as long as he knows the tune in his head. (he plays classical rock mostly...Eric Clapton type stuff)

It just takes time and a strong desire to play, I think. Sorry you are feeling so frustrated.

12. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl

It takes time.

If the software isn't helping, maybe try finding a person to teach you.

Good luck :)

13. hotskates

hotskates

Don't give up, its not that hard..... learn the names of the strings first, then learn a few chords by looking at a diagram(from a book) which shows you exactly where to place your fingers. Get a beginners book (Guitar for Dummies is a great one...no offence) and it comes with a cd too, that will explain in the simplest form possible what you need to get started. .......and oh, by the way, its always easier to learn on an electric guitar (the strings press down easier) you are learning on an acoustic it will be harder on your fingers.

For remembering the names of the strings use this simple memory trick:
    Elephants Always Dodge Great Big Eagles

14. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Come on Kevin...you can do it!! You just didn't pick the right program to start out with! ;)

I play the clarinet...but started out on the violin...because the violin has such a beautiful sound...I wish I'd stuck with that! ;) But I ended up first chair in A band in both middle and high school...and loved being in the marching band! :D And no...I wasn't a GEEK! :p :D

15. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl

Hiya angel!

I picked up the ukulele by myself, but that was only after I'd been taught music theory and another instrument in person.

If someone hadn't taught me the saxophone, I never would have gotten very far on it. If it hadn't been for having it as a class in school, I would have given up on it at some point. But I'm glad I didn't.

Keep at it. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice