1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't load Blackboard or get on any school site...but can get on everything e

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by HollyG, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

Called tech support and in a sweet sappy unintelligent voice she told me that their server is not down and she doesn't know why I can't access Blackboard or the school website. Funny, but I can access every other website. I tried my laptop, my desktop, my android phone. I tried it through IE 8 and Google Chrome and it just hangs and says "waiting". I can't believe it is just my system and not their server or something on their end. I even shut off and restarted my router. It makes absolutely no sense and I have to send my assignments by midnight tonight.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The College of DuPage Blackboard and Northwestern University Blackboard are both working at this time.

For any chance of getting help here you probably want to give us a URL or two to check from our end.

When you tried by Android phone was that using the phone's data service or the same (Wi-Fi) network as your two computers?

3. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

4. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

Oh wait! I just got in on my phone.

5. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

I went in and had to reset my Verizon router and that worked. I don't why that happened like that.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Glad you got it working. :)

7. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

No it's doing it again. I was just on Blackboard this afternoon, and now I can't get on any of the schools website or Blackboard. Why does this happen? Should I call my Internet provider? I'm not going to through resetting my router every day now.

8. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

Forget it...I clicked on my link here in my post and I was able to get onto the site. Then I tried it by typing it in the browser in IE 8 and got in again. But I'm just wondering if this is something that's going to keep happening.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My best guess is that their server or network gets overloaded, hence too slow, hence you get the "waiting" and then it times out.

If you have communication with other students at the same place ask if they have had similar problems. If so, encourage them to call tech support.

Call tech support and (politely :) ) advise them of the intermittent problems you are having and ask if there is any possibility of server or network overload. Stress that when you have the problem it's with both your home service and your cell service.

It is possible that the problem is with your ISP, but I doubt it because of the simultaneous trouble with your phone's data service.

10. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

No, I posted right after the first post that I was able to get on Blackboard using my cell carrier on my phone. The students that responded to me did not have any trouble getting on. So since I was able to get on using Sprint, then does it have to do with Verizon? Sprint is my cell carrier, Verizon Fios is the Internet, cable and land line. Now I can get on Blackboard with Google Chrome, but I can't get on with IE 8.

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Possibly. How consistent is this?

12. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

Ok I just checked now and I can get on the college website and Blackboard with Google Chrome on my desktop, and with Sprint on my Android phone. However, I cannot get on either Blackboard or the college website by using IE 8 on my desktop.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice