1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant load burnt CD's but can load unburn ones

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Silentwater24, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Silentwater24

Silentwater24 Thread Starter

Ok i bought these Sony DVD+R's from sams club cause i needed them. I have never had a problem like this problem before and i dont know why... when put in a blank cd it loads up just fine.. but when i burn something on them it wont.. its the weirdest thing. But i can read any other cd just fine Any ideas cause i dont feel like keeping these dvds it they arnt going to work after being burnt

2. Silentwater24

ok i just tried this same cd in my laptop and it loads just fine. When i first bought the cd drive.. its a lite-on btw, it wouldnt burn anything.. so i sent it back and they gave me a new one.. but now i am having a different problem.. i cant read anything after its burn ... on dvds and i dont know why.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

You may have hit the nail on the head--it may be the brand. Some burners just don't like some brands. But you could try updating the firmware for the drive--the updates increase the range of acceptable media.

4. Silentwater24

i just updated it today.. but when i had the non burning issue i must have updated it too, cause it said i had the same version

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

All I can tell you is to try a different brand. Boorow a blank or something. If it works, then you'll know that the ones you bought won't work.

What programs do you have installed that load drivers for the burner (Daemon, Alcohol, UltraIso, et.)?

6. Silentwater24

ok i just remembered this.. lol sorry... i had burnt two other cds a while back after i had bought them.. and they read just fine.. as soon as i put them in.. it only seems like some will read and some wont... i only remember this cause i was just flipping through my cd case an they are the same disk.

none of them.. i use nero 7 ultra edition

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Use the Nero InfoTool to examine the disks to see if you see any read errors or other information that might clue you to what is happening. I think DVDInfo Pro has a free version, too.

Open Device Manager and look at the settings for your drives and the IDE controller. Try turning off DMA if it is on, or vice versa. Make a list of the drivers that are loaded for the CD burner drive.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice