1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't load certain web pages!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Steveo46, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steveo46

Steveo46 Thread Starter

just like the title says. I just randomly started having this problem where I can't load some webpages. I use chrome but I've tried other browsers too and have the same problem. I just recently restored my computer to default using an image I made when I first got the computer and I'm still having the same problem. I know it's not my firewall because I've tried disabling it. I should also be virus free since I just re-did my computer.

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I just recently posted here about having this problem where I could pick up a signal from my router but could not connect. All my other computers could but not this one. I fixed the problem by telling it to forget that network then reconnecting and entering the password again. Just letting you guys know in case the problems are related since my current problem started after that.

Lastly whenever I get help for PC related problem I like to make sure people know that I'm not super tech savvy. I'm not Tech challenged but if you want me to try something please include instructions. That is all.

oh and some examples of places I can't connect to. Just recently I tried connecting to gamestop forums. Also on Ign.com I can connect but if go to a certain game's page I get the error. Last one I can think of right now gog.com, same problem as ign.com. It happens on other sites too (non gaming sites as well) Those are just the first ones I thought of.

oh one last thing (this is it I swear XD) I tried messing with java to see if that worked. Java and adobe is enable on all browsers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice