1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't load certain websites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Virtuoso80, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 Thread Starter

Hey all, here's my problem:

Some websites on either browser on my computer (Safari or Firefox) simply don't load, or rarely load. I don't know how to resolve the initial issue, but I've been getting around it by using a proxy site, which solves the problem...partially. My new issue is that javascript doesn't work through proxy sites (even if you say to allow it on both our browser and on the proxy site homepage), renderring certain websites unusable. So, I need a way to make those sites work, either by resolving the original problem, or by fiding a way to get the java to load. Any advice?

2. Augie65

Augie65

Have you cleared your cache and cookies in both Safari and Firefox?
    Try and clear your DNS cache from terminal. If you didn’t get an error then the command worked.
    lookupd -flushcache

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/513697