1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't load game expansion

Discussion in 'Games' started by amberlt, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amberlt

amberlt Thread Starter

Hello,

I have The Sims Double Deluxe installed on my PC as well as one expansion pack. I am now trying to load another expansion pack but I get a message saying "can't find the orginal Sims" and it tells me to install it again. I have Windows ME and my C drive is not big enough to hold the game so it is loaded on my D drive (slave drive).

How can I get the expansion pack loaded if it can't find the orginal Sims game on the D drive? (my cd disk drive is E).

Thank you for your help!
    Amber

2. WarC

WarC

Your original Sims installation might not be in the place the expansion is looking...You could try going to Start->Search->Search for Files and Folders and then look for the directory the original is installed at.

The expansion needs to be installed in the same drive and directory as the original...So if the original is in the C: drive, the expansion must be in the C: drive too.

The expansion might be trying to install in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims\, when the original was installed in C:\The Sims\, for example. Or, the original might be in the D: drive and the expansion is looking for it in the C: drive.

EDIT: Just thought of this...if the expansion you have installed already is NEWER than Double Deluxe, than Double Deluxe might not install properly...In that case, you might have to uninstall/reinstall the game and install the expansions in the order they were released.

3. amberlt

amberlt Thread Starter

It might be a newer release....have to check into that.
    I do know that the Double Deluxe is installed in my D drive but when i'm trying to load the expansion "Superstar" it does not give an option to do anything other then tells me to re-install the orginal cause it can't find it.

Amber

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/213755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice