1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Load GTA3

Discussion in 'Games' started by sicoratboy10, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sicoratboy10

sicoratboy10 Thread Starter

every time i try and load up a saved game in GTA3 it just freezes. i've downloaded the 1.1 patch for it which should stop the freezing but when i try and load the 1.1 patch it sais
    This program cannot update the installed version of GTAIII because of the following reason:
    C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\gta3.exe:unknown version.
    is there anyway i can fix this. thanks.

System Information:
    2.4ghz
    37.2gig
    256mb ram
    windows xp

2. xXTiKiXx

xXTiKiXx

I suggest backing up the saved files and just re-install the game.

Good Luck. :cool:

3. DJ wandy

DJ wandy

helppppp i have a 500 mhz AMD k6-2 128 mb sdram pc133 nvidia geforce4 mx 440 128 ddr ram all my games and dvds have stuttering sound and wont stop stuttering in gameplay i have updated everysingle driver and i use directx 9 it says everything is functiong properly what is the problem email me on [email protected] or I.M me on aol screen name undeadhacker2 thank you

4. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

5. McTimson

McTimson

500 mhz AMD k6-2 128 mb sdram pc133

There's your problem...you can't expect to play any new games with a 500mhz K6-2. The 128MB RAM isn't enough for new games, either. Upgrade to a new motherboard/processor/RAM, and then your video card will fit in nicely. Right now, your video card is way too good for the rest of your system, you won't be able to play any games well with a 500mhz K6-2.

edit: Deathdealer...check the dates on the threads...this one was old, it was just bumped up with a new problem ;)

6. Bibhash

Bibhash

Deathdealer, dude u the man!!

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

well i helped someone lol:cool:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice