Can't load new VG card drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ezjim

I installed a new video card and when I attempt to install new drivers from the included CD, I get an error mesg...."Installation Support File could not be found". The File is listed as...C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1.jim\LOCALS~1\temp\(bunchofnumbers)\isrt.dll
Can you give me a clue as to how???? Thanks :)......ezjim

ezjim

Thanks for your response. Yes. Win XP is my OS I'm embarresed to admit to buying a cheap card, but it wasn't meant to work very hard. It's a Chaintech, GeForce MX4000. (Go ahead Geeks, have some laughs, I can handle it) I spent a $100 more for the last card and only got less than a yr. out of it. Question remains, "How do replace that file"????
tks, ezjim

dustyjay

Jay
Download the latest drivers from the Chaintech website and install them. I am assuming that you can operate with the resident drivers from Windows and the Video is at least operating at the moment.

ezjim

Answering Dustyjay response...Yes my win drivers are working basic video...I downloaded the recomended drivers from Chaintech but they wouldn't load..Errror msg.."cannot find nvidia hardware".... bs! Thanks though. Still searching for answer. ezjim

dustyjay

Jay
Try unistalling the video card completely from device manager. do not restart. go to add/remove programs and if there is anything in there about your GeForce card uninstall that. Restart your computer. Upon boot up it should have a found new hardware Wizard, tell it to find your driver where you downloaded it to. Or Click Cancel then try to install the driver from where you downloaded it to. See if that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online