1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Load res_dll

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DetectiveChimp, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetectiveChimp

DetectiveChimp Thread Starter

So I just started getting an error message that says Can't Load res_dll, and every time I click OK it just comes back 15 seconds later.

It started just a little bit ago today, when I tried to install a couple of new games. I put in the disc for one, and my computer seemed to be getting slowed down by it. I took the disc out and tried the other one, and the DVD drive wouldn't even detect the game. I went back to the first one, and it detected the game, but again started slowing down my computer, eventually leaving me with the res_dll message. I restarted the computer, and since then it's persisted.

I've googled it, and found other people with similar problems, but all theirs tend to stem from either a printer they installed, or a linksys wireless router. I do have a lynksis wireless adapter, but I've never had this problem with it before, and didn't change any settings recently.

Any help would be appreciated. It's really annoying.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I would suggest uninstalling your Linksys Adapter and reinstalling it with the CD that came with it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice