1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant load web pages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RubberMonkey, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubberMonkey

RubberMonkey Thread Starter

i have my computer set up for internet connection shareing and recently the internet stoped working. i had to reintsall dial up networking and internet connection shareing and then everything was working again. but these files seem to be getting corrupt on a regualr basis now i have to constently reinstall them. my computer is not the one with the modem, and day i tried 2 go 2 www.lycos.com and it said it couldnt find the page so i figured the files were bad again and i went down stairs and reinstalled them and checked lycos and some other pages down there and it worked fine, but up here on this computer i still cant get to lycos. every other page i have tried 2 get 2 has worked fine and i can get 2 lycos downstairs but not here. i have tried reinstalling tcp/ip with no success and i tried running the network wizard again and it didnt help im not shure what 2 try becuase this is the only computer haveing the problem. i am also confused as 2 why the files keep going on the downstairs computer

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

RubberMonkey
    Several items you should do and check.
    1) Go to IE\tools\Internet Options and delete Temp Internet Files
    and make sure the delete all offline content switch is enabled.
    2) Go to IE\tools\Internet Options\security tab and make sure your system security is set to default.
    3) Lastly while still in the security section make sure you do not have Lycos.com set as a restricted site under restricted sites\settings.

Note: If you have a firewall installed on the upstairs computer make sure the site is not resrticted.

Keep us posted on you progress.

Dave

3. RubberMonkey

RubberMonkey Thread Starter

i got it fixed now. thx for the sugestions davey, after i posted that message i tried all the stuff you said and it didnt help. every now and then my network was not working corecctly though so i installed the ipx protocol and lycos works again, i alos reinstalled dial up networking and internet connection shareing so i dont know exactly what fixed it but it works now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice