1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't load window completely

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by willowyang, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

I run a window 98, and now it sometimes don't load when I restart the pc,, sometimes then program icons loaded out, but click on it, and has no response, sometimes, icons don't load it out completely, and sometimes, it automaticaly log on sometimes don't , please help. thanks very much.

2. beach51

beach51

Hi willowyang,Lets have a look at your startup programs.Go to Start>Run>type in msinfo32 when that window opens,click on the + sign next to software enviroment >click on startup programs,click on edit>selectall>copy and paste the page back here.Might also be a good idea to run a virus scan to see if you have a virus.Go to this site and run the free scan and let us know if you find any

http:// www.housecall.antivirus.com

3. willowyang

willowyang Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

Housecall didn't find any viruses in my hard drive.

My startup programs are quite simple, only

ScanRegistry
    TaskMonitor
    SystemTray
    Tweak UI
    Tweak UI

are listed. I use Tweak UI disabled most programs from startup.

4. beach51

beach51

Hi willowyang,ok lets run the repair for Ie.Go to Start>settings>control panel>Add and remove programs>Highlight IE and internet tools>Click the remove tab>The dialog box will open,put a tick in repair>click ok.See if you get a clean repair.Dont know anything about tweaku,i understand its a great utility,doesnt that have a tab for repairing icons on the desktop?i think i read that somewhere.You might want to check that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice