1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't load window welcome screen! stuck at dark blank screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chrischam, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischam

chrischam Thread Starter

Using window xp pro
    I on computer.
    It's fine loading bios and till window xp logo..
    when it starting to load the welcome window screen.. (which it didnt reach the welcome screen at all)
    It just stuck at the black screen..

so i try to run in safe mode, weirdly it able to open.. okie

i tried to reformat... but it doesnt seems to work, it happens the same thing..

b4 this happened.. it all started one day.. i let my computer to download some personal stuff.. then, my bro went to play gunz online.. so the computer got hanged, and he just shut the computer just like that.. (how stupid) so now, i cant reach the welcome screen at all.. help me pls..

I'm using pentium 3..
    as yall know, im a beginner, i dont know a thing.. just tell me what to do if u need any informations..

2. flashsnaps

flashsnaps

Try this, boot into safe mode.
    Right-click on "My computer" and select "manage"
    When that opens, click on device manager

When device manager opens, look at your graphics card normally under "display adapters" - any crosses or red splats?

3. chrischam

chrischam Thread Starter

thanks, i took out the whole cpu, and blew it under the fan, and replug it..
    its working again..
    i suspect that its the cable problem!! anyway, SOLVED!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!