1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant log in HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tillymint22, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tillymint22

tillymint22 Thread Starter

OK so I have this laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro C660) which I bought through a friend. It used to be part of a domain from what I can gather in all my efforts to use it (which so far are in vain). I'm attempting to just log on to the actual lap top not the domain but the passwords not working. I'm not a tech person just an average computer user.

So i decide to restore factory settings by holding down the 0 key like toshiba says. It asks me to select the system and the only option is windows 7 so I select this. It restarts and nothing is changed.

So I press F8 this time and go through all the options (safe mode, networking etc etc...) no change.

So tried to access administrator account...says the account has been disabled. I used a command prompt from the repair option, choose net user to see accounts just says administrator guest.

So i try to enable the administrator account
    net user administrator active:yes
    Says the command is successful
    Restart....NOTHING!!!!

I can not get past the log in screen no matter what I try. I don't have a disc can anyone tell me exactly what to do? Please

2. Lance1

Lance1

Hi tillymint22 and Welcome to TSG!

What version of Windows 7 are you running? You can go here and download "Legally" Windows 7 ISO's You can select your current version that is on the system and download it and install it using your COA (Certificate of Authority) tag on the system. Here's how to Install Windows 7 You will have to call Microsoft Phone Activation To Activate Windows. You will need ImgBurn to burn the ISO to DVD. Very simple to use. Let use know how it goes.

3. tillymint22

It says on the back of the laptop Windows 7 Pro OA?

So shall I download windows 7 Professional x86 from the link to another computer and then burn it to a disc using ImgBurn?

Thanks for helping me by the way :)

4. Lance1

Lance1

Yes, that would be the best action to take. Do not do an upgrade, do a full install destroying all data. That way you will have a clean install with nothing but the operating system (Windows 7)

5. tillymint22

Thanks it took me a while but it worked perfectly !!!

Thanks for your help :)

6. Lance1

Lance1

That's Awesome tillymint22! And you are most Welcome. I'm glad you are up and going. By the way, just curious , How did Microsoft handle your phone activation? Quick and courteous I would hope.

Please mark this post as Solved at the top of your post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice