Can't log into any webites: yahoo, msn, facebook...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herky

I've been having a problem on my laptop in which I can not log into any of my accounts. I can go to yahoo but I can't sign in to check my email. Same for hotmail or facebook and many other things. When I enter my password it says cannot find website. I'm pretty sure I have some virus issues. Any suggestions?

You should just be able to go to the top of the page in Internet Explorer click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options at the bottom. It will could be one of two windows.

1. If you have TWO different buttons that say 'delete cookies' and 'delete files' then you click on 'delete cookies' then 'ok' in the little box, then click 'delete files', in the little box click the tiny white square that says 'delete all offline content', then click 'ok'. Wait for the hourglass to go away. Then go down to the next section and click 'clear history' and 'yes' on the warning. After all that, go to the top and click the tab that says 'security' and then the button 'default level', click tab that says 'privacy' and 'default' on that too.

2. If you have just one button that says 'delete', click it, check the box at the bottom and click ok. Go to the security tab and click 'reset all zones to default'.

Try to access any secure website, sign in to hotmail or yahoo. If it still doesn't work, restart the computer and try again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts