Can't log into Windows after installing Japanese Language Pack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flyingmule

I tried installing Japanese language support onto my Windows XP SP 3, but upon restarting (as it prompted me to do), I can't log into Windows. I select my user name, it says "Loading personal settings..." but then it dumps me back on to the log in screen, allowing me to re-click my name to the same effect.

I didn't have a password set, as it is my home computer. I just had it set to the log in screen since I built the machine, just for me to click on my user name.

I tried doing safe mode and logging into the administrator, but the same thing happens.

I tried reverting back to the "last good configuration" at the menu that comes after spamming F8, but that didn't change anything.

Debug dumps me at the same menu.

I have no idea what to do. Help, please!

EDIT: I have the Windows XP SP 2 disc, which is how I was able to log in. However, I don't have the password or registration key handy.

EDIT 2: I tried installing/fixing windows, but it didn't work (gave an error saying the signature was invalid, error 800b0100, setup log files should contain more information). I can get to the c:\ command line. From there, is there any way to initiate a system restore to previous settings, or change the registry to skip the log in screen?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online