1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant log into windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tylerdenwo, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tylerdenwo

tylerdenwo Thread Starter

Hello, my name is Tyler and this my first time posting here. Normally i can solve anything that goes wrong with my computer.. only this time, it happened to my girlfriends laptop! I currently have her laptop with me and i need to fix it asap. First off, let me tell you what happened.

A month ago i cleaned up my girlfriends computer, removed spyware/maleware, unnecessary programs, and installed Firefox (removing ie).
    Since then she complained how i deleted Microsoft Word/Office from her hard drive. In attempt to get it back, i realized the only way to do this was to either buy the program, or do a system restore to an earlier date. I ran the system restore, (a month earlier than when i cleaned it up--to be certain). It ran smoothly, until the computer restarted itself.. When it started, the windows load screen abruptly closed and brought me to a blue screen.

check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hd controllers. check your hd to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
    *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF79AA528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now, i tried starting the computer using safe mode, SFEMode w/ networking, SFEMode w/ commapnd prompt, Last known Config, and Start Windows Normally.. nothing seems to work and its constantly bringing me to this scrn.. I CANT EVEN CHKDSK... i am however, able to run a diagnostics program, but nothing is working.. and this all happened because i did a system restore!!... can anyone help me??

Laptop
    Dell
    Inspiron | 1300
    Windows XP/Vista Capable

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

I'd definitely say that the system restore failure is due to you removing Internet Explorer. there are several ways to do it, but very few of them work without causing other problems. I'd say to try doing a "Repair Install" using the Windows XP install CD. If you do not have one available, you will have to borrow one from a friend or something. That should more than likely fix your problem, and leave her data intact. The process should only take about three hours or less, which isn't much time at all.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice