1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't login to any accounts (mail and such) on internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by needtechhelpnow, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needtechhelpnow

needtechhelpnow Thread Starter

So my problem is that I can’t seem to login to any accounts on the internet (e.g. mail accounts and such). Other than that I don’t have any real problems, except that my internet connection is considerably slower as well. But I can browse the web as usual…

The problem is that whenever I try to log into any place the screen just freezes and gets “non responding” and so I have to close it down. It doesn’t matter which browser I use, I have the same problem anyhow.

The error message that I keep getting is that there’s some error involving these 2 files:
    C:\DOCUME~1\root\LOKALA~1\Temp\WER587f.dir00\firefox.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\root\LOKALA~1\Temp\WER587f.dir00\appcompat.txt

However I only seem to have this problem when I’m using the wireless connection. When I connect via wire I can log in as usual, and even after I have once logged in with the wire, if I disconnect it I can still log in/log out using the wireless as long as I don’t restart the computer. Also, if I click the box saying I want to stay logged in into my mail account that works. So I can stay logged in (even after restarting the computer), but not log out/log in again.

I have tried reinstalling my wireless card, and even tried using another wireless card but that didn’t help. I’ve also reinstalled my internet browser.

I don’t have any firewalls or antivirus programs installed. When I did install an antivirus program to see if maybe a virus was causing the problem it found a Trojan which was deleted. Nothing else.

The problem came overnight. I hadn't installed any programs or done anything out of the ordinary the day before. Also is seems I'm not able to run a system restore as it says nothing has changed between when my computer "broke" and now.

So any suggestions what may be causing the problem or how to fix it?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Don't you have any earlier restore points?

Do you not usually run an antivirus? Installing one after you are infected is often not effective since the virus blocks the AV or hides itself so it can't be detected.

3. needtechhelpnow

needtechhelpnow Thread Starter

When I go to choose a date for the system restore it won't let me scroll through the months. It only shows restore-points made for this month. When I click the arrows to go to an earlier month nothing happens, even though I know I have had earlier restore points. Is there any other way to find them?

No, I don't usually run an antivirus (bad idea I know) so maybe that's the problem. Maybe I still have a virus. Anyway to fix it in that case?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice