1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't login to certain online accounts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by taxtorpedo, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taxtorpedo

taxtorpedo Thread Starter

Hope I am asking in the right forum.

I have a Dell latitude D600 laptop. I use Windows XP.

My laptop has a built in wireless card, and I am using a wireless connection at the library or one at the airport.

Suddenly, in the last week I have had problems logging in to certain accounts like my Wordpress blog.

I enter what I now to be the correct username & password, and the resulting screen says:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems

More information"

This notice will appear when I preess the submit button to enter some other membership sites but not all.

When I am on the library wireless connection and have to choose the "filtered" or "unfiltered" version, the following happens.
    After clicking a series of links, when I get to the very last link that will make things operational, I get the same "Internet Explorer
    cannot display the webpage" notice I mentioned above when trying to log into my Wordpress blog.

However, when I refresh the page, sometimes the last link will come up in the library sequence and I am able to complete the access.

When I try refreshing the page in the login attempts, I am just returned to the login page where I have to re-enter my username and
    password data.

This problem is causing me major problems, and I don't have a clue as to the solution.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

2. taxtorpedo

taxtorpedo Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice