Can't login to site with IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Del

Win 98, IE 5.5, Encryption 128bit.
Everything working fine, mail, surfing.
When I try to get to a secure site and login, was getting a do you want windows to remember the password duber after I put in the username and password. Clicked yes, but had wrong password. Got message, wrong password.
Went back, said No to remember password and it removed the username and password from the login box.
Cleared temp files, unchecked Autocomplete.
Rebooted, tried again, but when I type in user name and password and click login, nothing at all happens.
The site works, can get there from another computer.
No spyware or virus, ran updated antivirus program and spybot.

Haven't tried IE repair or upgrading to IE6 yet.

Any other Ideas before I do the last thing??

Go to Tools=>Internet Options. Click on the Content tab, and then on the Autocomplete button. In there, there is two buttons. I think you'll need to click both, but other sites you've registered on will not autocomplete the forms.

At least, that's what it is in IE6, which, imho, is crap. I prefer Opera, but that's neither here nor there.:D

Del

Already did that, but thanks anyway.
Was thinking might be something in the registry..

Your password list (*.pwl) file might have become corrupted. Do a Find Files for it and rename it.
Windows will make a new one when you reboot.

Del

Was planning on renaming *.pwl next then if it don't help, run repair on IE 5.5 and if still no help, upgrade to IE 6 and IF still no help, use Netscape.
Any other ideas????:confused:

If its just one one site it could be a corrupted cookie. Look for the cookie for that URL and delete it.

You could save your cookies to a floppy and then delete the lot. See if that works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online