Can't login with my administrator password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aarvin

My laptop ran into some problem and started to automatic repair.
But after that it asked for administrator password.
When I am entering it, it's not accepting it.
I tried every thing i can..

Is this Windows 10 ? With an MS Account sign in? If so you can go online to outlook.com and reset the password

So explain further. You were able to successfully change the password and Windows still don't accept it ?

Aarvin

The pc ran into problems and started automatic repair .then it asked for administrator password.
When it is not accepting it, I changed the password.
After changing though it's not accepting it and automatic repair couldn't complete

Well, Windows is not running so it is relying on an old copy of the password. How long ago did you change your password? Maybe wait till tomorrow and see if it can fetch the new password from online.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You might even just use the enter key?

You can not change a password without using the old one, how are you changing this password?

Note, the Administrator password will not be the same as any of your Admin user accounts.
If you did not assign a password to the Administrator account when Windows was set up, then it is most likely just the "Enter Key".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online